ANNUAL EXAMS are currently underway. Please call early to get required physicals scheduled to avoid delays in the completion of sports, school or driver's forms.
Will your child need to be given immunizations?
Most children will receive multiple vaccines at visits during the first year and a half. Each year, vaccines may be required, however, children who remain on the recommended vaccine schedule without falling behind, typically will not require vaccines at the 2 or 2 1/2, and the 6 through 9 year well checks, other than a possible flu vaccine. Please note that this is just a guideline since recommendations change.
- Daycare and School Forms: The child must have had a Well Child Exam within the past year. Forms can be re-printed at no cost if they were created at the last Well Exam, however, if no form was created at the last visit and parent requests that one be created, there will be a $10 fee. If no Well Child Exam was done within the past year, a Well Child Exam must be scheduled in order to have the form completed. We do not charge for forms that are brought along to any visit, or to create or print one at the time of the visit. Forms for school will be automatically created ONLY for years when the State requires forms, such as for 6th and 11th grade.
- Drivers Forms: If you are in need of a Drivers Form, this may be completed at your child's annual exam, as long as they are at least 15 1/2 year of age. We do have these forms available, or you may download one from the PennDot site HERE. There may be other criteria for having a Driver's Form completed. Please call the office for more information.
- PIAA Forms Requirements: If your child requires completion of a PIAA form, please remember to complete the Health History portion prior to bringing the form to us. Also, be sure that you hand us every page of the form. PIAA physicals are not valid unless the child is examined AFTER June 1st of the current year. If the well check was before June 1st, a sports physical will be required before completion of the form at an out-of-pocket cost of $60. If your child's Well Child exam was in the previous calendar year, but less than 365 days ago, many insurances will pay for another Well Child exam, which means this form can be completed at no cost if you call to schedule a full well-check at that time. Please check with your insurance company. If your child has not had a full Well Child Exam with us during the past 365 days, he / she will require a full Annual Well Check-Up before this form can be completed.
If you need more information on PIAA Forms and Requirements, please check HERE.
- Camp Forms and simple Sports Forms: If your child has had a check-up within the past year, these forms will be signed with the last checkup date. If the form dictates that it must be signed within a certain number of days from the last well exam, there will need to be a visit and brief exam performed which may require an out-of-pocket cost. Stay up-to-date with your child's yearly physical by calling today. 717-652-7616
- Fee: There is a $10 fee for any form not presented at the time of a visit. If your child has already had his / her well child exam, you may be able to avoid an out-of-pocket form fee by utilizing the free school physicals that are often offered. Some insurances will also allow physicals per calendar year rather a year from the last physical. Please contact your insurance company to verify if this is the case, and if so, we can schedule your child's well-child exam early and cover the needed sport forms at the same time.