ANNUAL EXAMS are currently underway and are often booked up to 3 months in advance. Please call early to get required physicals scheduled to avoid delays in the completion of sports, school or driver's forms.
In order to expedite the completion of any school, sports or other required forms, please ensure that your child is up-to-date on his / her yearly physical.
Will your child need to be given immunizations?
Most children will receive multiple vaccines at visits during the first year and a half. Each year, vaccines may be required, however, children who remain on the recommended vaccine schedule without falling behind, typically will not require vaccines at the 2 or 2 1/2, and the 6 through 9 year well checks, other than a possible flu vaccine. Please note that this is just a guideline since recommendations change.
- Daycare and School Forms: The child must have had a Well Child Exam within the past year. Forms can be re-printed at no cost if they were created at the last Well Exam, however, if no form was created at the last visit and parent requests that one be created, there will be a $10 fee. If no Well Child Exam was done within the past year, a Well Child Exam must be scheduled in order to have the form completed. We do not charge for forms that are brought along to any visit, or to create or print one at the time of the visit. Forms for school will be automatically created ONLY for years when the State requires forms, such as for 6th and 11th grade.
- Drivers Forms: If you are in need of a Drivers Form, this may be completed at your child's annual exam, as long as they are at least 15 1/2 year of age. We do have these forms available, or you may download one from the PennDot site HERE. There may be other criteria for having a Driver's Form completed. Please call the office for more information. Please note that if your child is overdue for a physical, you will need to wait until we can fit you into the schedule for a full well child visit to have the form completed. If your child has had a physical within the last 6 months, you will meet with the physician who did the last check-up and get the form completed at no charge. If the last well check-up has been more than 6 months but less than a year, your child will require another brief examination in order for the physician to sign the form, and this visit will incur a $60 charge that is not covered by insurance.
- PIAA Forms: If you are in need of having a PIAA form completed for an upcoming sport, please remember to complete the Health History portion prior to bringing the form to us and be sure that you hand us every page of the form. PIAA physicals are not valid unless the child is examined AFTER June 1st of the current year. If the well check was before June 1st, PIAA form completions will require a sports physical at an out-of-pocket cost of $60 in order to be completed. If your child's Well Child exam was in the previous calendar year, but less than 365 days ago, many insurances will pay for another Well Child exam, which means this form can be completed at no cost if you call to schedule a full well-check at that time. If your child has not had a full Well Child Exam with us during the past 365 days, he / she will require a full Annual Well Check-Up before this form can be completed.
If you need more information on PIAA Forms and Requirements, please check HERE.
- Camp Forms and simple Sports Forms: If your child has had a check-up within the past year, these forms will be signed with the last checkup date. If the form dictates that it must be signed within a certain number of days from the last well exam, there will need to be a visit and brief exam performed. This visit will cost $60 and will not be covered by insurance. NOTE: If your insurance will pay for a Well Child Exam per calendar year, and your child has not had one in the current calendar year, we may be able to find an opening and do a complete exam which would be covered by your plan. Please contact your insurance company to verify payment prior to scheduling.
- PPL Forms / UGI Power Reinstatement Forms: If your power has been shut off for failure to pay a bill, our physicians do not complete medical certification forms to have power restored unless we have specific medical documentation that your child's condition would be life threatening without electricity. This is a legal certification and therefore, can not be signed by a physician without this strict medical diagnosis. Most often these requests are for children with Asthma, however, new protocol for children with Asthma recommends the use of oral inhalers that do not require electricity. If you feel your child is having a life-threatening issue, you should dial 911 or seek emergency medical care immediately.
Fee: There is a $10 fee for any form not presented at the time of a visit. If your child has already had his / her well child exam, you may be able to avoid an out-of-pocket form fee by utilizing the free school physicals that are often offered. Some insurances will also allow physicals per calendar year rather a year from the last physical. Please contact your insurance company to verify if this is the case, and if so, we can schedule your child's well-child exam early and cover the needed sport forms at the same time, saving you the out-of-pocket expense of an extra physical.Type your paragraph here.